May 21st, 2013
According to Wikipedia, EPUB (Electronic PUBlication) is a free and open e-book standard by the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF). They have the files with the .epub extension.
They are getting very popular nowadays and almost all new and old books are available in electronic format.
Here are some of the best eBook readers. Some of them also support other eBook formats like .mobi too.
1. EPUBReader: EPUBReader is a Firefox addon which enables you to read ePUB files from the browser without any further installation of any software. When ePUB files are download, it will process them and makes ready to read. If you have already obtained the ePUB files, open it from “File -> Open” or CTRL+O or Drag the file and Drop in Firefox.
May 17th, 2013
Plugins are snippets of codes to enhance the functionality of WordPress. They help to add more features with an easy installation. Nowadays, wide ranges of plugins are available to suit user requirements. They have made the life of both the developers and non-developers very easy.
Here is a list of some very useful and popular plugins.
1. Search & Replace: A simple search for find strings in your database and replace the string. You can search in ID, post-content, title, comments, tags/categories etc.
2. Broken Link Checker: It will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
May 12th, 2013
Online storage or File hosting or popularly called as ‘Cloud Storage’ is meant to store user data away from user’s normal hard disk, safely and securely. This is the soft-copy generation, so you need to backup your important data on some other places. It’s wise to backup your important files in such online storage because you never know when your hard disk will get crashed.
With growing technology and users demand, a lot of free online file storage or file hosting services is on rise. They allow users to share and synchronize user files across the devices like, computer, tablet, smart phone or any networked device.
May 1st, 2013
According to Wikipedia: A content delivery network or content distribution network (CDN) is a large distributed system of servers deployed in multiple data centers across the Internet. The goal of a CDN is to serve content to end-users with high availability and high performance.
Why use CDN?
- To make website loading faster.
- T o protect from spammers to SQL injection to DDOS.
- To get detail analysis of website’s traffic.
Top Free CDN services:
April 28th, 2013
While searching for a simple jQuery slider, I found this one very simple and light-weight (3kb). It avoids fancy effects and unnecessary markup. We can put any text in the slides and extend with CSS.
Here is an example usage of the slider.
You can get more details and original files/examples from here.
April 21st, 2013
Skype is the most popular instant messaging and video chatting application. It has one feature of saving username of logged-in users. Actually a separate folder for each user will be created to save all the data related to that particular user.
Sometimes you may use Skype from public computer and you don’t want your username listed there in the login list or your friends may use Skype from your computer and you want to remove them. Here is a simple way to get rid of this situation.
1. First open Run (Windows Key+R) then type %appdata%\Skype