Code sharing websites also known as Pastebins allows users/developers to share the snippets of the information/code. Such codes might help fellow developers or the developers himself get help from others. These websites comes useful when user can not send the files directly.
Among a lot of code sharing websites but here are 10 popular ones.
1. GitHub Gist: It’s the most popular one with the developers. It provides simple way of sharing codes and provides versioning too.
2. Pastebin: It’s probably the most popular and oldest one. It supports a lot of languages. It has 3 types of membership (Guest/Free/Pro) with some limitations for each of them. This application is available for various browsers and mobile devices too.
3. tny: It is known as TinyPaste. It’s nice and simple. It pays users for sharing pastes. It has guest or registration option and password protect facility.
4. Snipplr: It’s popular among web developers. It allows sharing and rating the snippets. Registration is required.
5. Paste2: It’s probably the simplest of all. Just type the code, submit to get a link and share.
6. Pastie: It has a clean user interface with solid syntax highlighting. It supports a lot of programming languages and no registration required, though it has option to make the paste public or private.
7. Ideone: It’s similar to pastebin. It’s an online compiler and debugging tool which allows to compile and run code online in more than 40 programming languages.
8. Snipt: It has option to make the code public or private. Registration is required.
9. Pastebin.ca: It allows the sharing of code like other. You can select your own expiration interval. You can easily remove the paste if required.
10. Pastebay: As the name sounds, it’s for uncensored text/code sharing. It also provides private pastebay with a subdomain.
These websites are very useful but some people are using in negative way by posting private, sensitive and illegal information. So everyone is requested to use them responsibly.