WordPress is no more just a blogging system. You can easily customize WordPress with themes and plugins to make it a perfect Content Management System. You can create custom theme or choose from a lot of freely available themes or just buy one; likewise most of the best plugins are freely available.
Here are some of the very useful WordPress CMS plugins.
1. Adminimize: This will let you hide ‘unnecessary’ items from the WordPress backend and many more.
2. Types – Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Management: This will let you customize the WordPress admin by adding content types, custom fields and taxonomy.
3. White Label CMS: This will allow complete customization of dashboard panels and logos, removal of menus, giving editors access to widgets and menus plus lots more.
4. CMS Tree Page View: This will add a tree view of all pages & custom posts. Get a great overview + options to drag & drop to reorder & option to add multiple pages.
5. Developer’s Custom Fields: This will provide developers with powerful and flexible tools for managing post and user custom fields.
6. Ultimate CMS: This will help to Create, Customize, Manage Custom Post Type, Custom Page Type, Custom Archives, Custom Taxonomies.
7. WP Custom CMS Block: This will create CMS block in your admin area to manage header contact number, welcome text, social media URL, sidebar content or footer text.
8. Magic Fields 2: This will improve the way how are created the custom fields, post types and custom taxonomies in WordPress.
9. Pods – Custom Content Types and Fields: It is a framework for creating, managing, and deploying customized content types and fields.
10. WP-CMS Post Control: This will hide metabox controls on the write/edit post & page admin screens for each user role and also controls autosave and revisions saved.