Plugins are snippets of codes to enhance the functionality of WordPress. They help to add more features with an easy installation. Nowadays, wide ranges of plugins are available to suit user requirements. They have made the life of both the developers and non-developers very easy.
Here is a list of some very useful and popular plugins.
1. Search & Replace: A simple search for find strings in your database and replace the string. You can search in ID, post-content, title, comments, tags/categories etc.
2. Broken Link Checker: It will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found.
3. underConstruction: It creates a ‘Coming Soon’ page that will show for all users who are not logged in. Useful for developing a site on a live server, without the world being able to see it.
4. WordPress SEO by Yoast: One of the best WordPress SEO plugin. It helps to write better content and to choose focus keywords.
5. WP Smush.it: It offers an API that performs these optimizations (except for stripping JPEG meta data) automatically, and this plugin seamlessly integrates Smush.it with WordPress.
6. WordPress Importer: It will import posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, tags, etc. from a WordPress export file.
7. Wordfence Security: It is a free enterprise class security plugin that includes a firewall, anti-virus scanning, malicious URL scanning and live traffic including crawlers. It is the only WordPress security plugin that can verify and repair your core, theme and plugin files, even if you don’t have backups.
8. W3 Total Cache: It improves the user experience of your site by increasing server performance, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.
9. Captcha: It allows you to protect your website from spam by means of math logic and you can use this captcha for login, registration, password recovery, comments forms.
10. Ultimate Coming Soon Page: It allows you quick and easily set up a coming soon or launch page for your website.
11. User Switching: It allows you to quickly swap between user accounts in WordPress at the click of a button. You’ll be instantly logged out and logged in as your desired user.
12. Image Widget: A simple image widget that uses the native WordPress media manager to add image widgets to your site.
13. Meta Slider: It is a flexible, intuitive slideshow administration plugin that lets you choose between 4 jQuery sliders such as Nivo Slider, Coin Slider, Flex Slider 2 and Responsive.
14. Easy Digital Downloads: It aims to make selling digital downloads through WordPress easy, and complete. Feature includes Cart System, Payment Getway etc.
15. Ad Injection: It injects any adverts (e.g. AdSense) into the WordPress posts or widget area. Restrict who sees ads by post length/age/referrer or IP.
16. Optimize Database after Deleting Revisions: It is a ‘One Click’ WordPress Database Cleaner / Optimizer. Deletes redundant revisions of posts and pages, trashed posts, pages and comments and optimizes the database tables
17. Ultimate TinyMCE: It will add over 40 new buttons to the default visual tinymce editor, giving you the power to visually create your pages and posts.
18. BackWPup: It allows flexible, scheduled WordPress backups to any location.
19. Advanced Custom Fields: It is the perfect solution for any wordpress website which needs more flexible data like other Content Management Systems.
20. NextGEN Gallery: It is the most popular WordPress gallery plugin, and one of the most popular WordPress plugins of all time.