Nowadays a lot of websites are competing for top position in search engines. Since the image used in websites greatly affect the load time of the website, so it’s very important to optimize the website images.
Use these online tools to shrink images for your website. It will use less bandwidth and load faster.
1. PunyPNG : PunyPNG is a free website optimization tool that dramatically reduces the file size of your images without any loss of quality. Registered user get advanced features like More compression controls, Preserve EXIF information, IE6 support, API access and more!
2. TinyPNG : TinyPNG uses smart lossy compression techniques to reduce the file size of your PNG files. By selectively decreasing the number of colours in the image, fewer bytes are required to store the data. The effect is nearly invisible but it makes a very large difference in file size!
3. JPEGmini : Your photos on a diet! Reduce the file size of your photos by up to 5x, while keeping their quality and jpeg format!
4. Image Optimizer by Dynamicdrive.com: Image Optimizer lets you easily optimize your gifs, animated gifs, jpgs, and pngs, so they load as fast as possible on your site. Furthermore, you can easily convert from one image type to another.
5. Smush.it : Smush.it uses optimization techniques specific to image format to remove unnecessary bytes from image files. It is a “lossless” tool, which means it optimizes the images without changing their look or visual quality. After Smush.it runs on a web page it reports how many bytes would be saved by optimizing the page’s images and provides a downloadable zip file with the minimized image files.
6. Kraken : Kraken is a robust, ultra-fast image optimizer. Thanks to its vast array of optimization algorithms Kraken is world ahead comparing to other tools.
7. Image Optimizer : Using this free online service, you can resize, compress and optimize your image files. Using the service is as easy as clicking of button! Optimized images are better! They are more suitable for web pages, email attachments, or even storage on your disk.
8. Web Resizer : This free online image Web Resizer helps you optimize photos for web or email. It has features like reduce image size, crop photos, sharpen, resize – change width and height, rotate, adjust contrast, brightness, saturation , convert photo to black and white, add a border, no registration required and after all free!
9. PNG optimizer : PNG optimizer can reduce, without quality loss, the size of your PNG image up to 20% by optimizing compression and stripping unused meta-data. You can also use it as a PNG converter as it will accept different input file formats.
10. Image Optimizer : Our online image optimizer will create a set of reduced images, trying to preserve the best quality for each resulted image. The optimized images will be available online for 3 days.