Here is small trick to disable Avira AntiVir Personal (Free Version) Pop-up Advertisements.
Avira Free Antivirus is a good and free, but it always pops up and displays annoying nag advertisement pop-up message to buy premium version.
The notification message pop-up ads of free version of Avira AntiVir Personal (Free Version) is displayed whenever auto-updater runs to update the anti-virus signature database, which happens at least a day.
For this file named avnotify.exe from Avira installation folder is responsible so we need to remove access to this file.
Important: First of all disable Avira’s “Product Protection”
- Open Avira Free Antivirus
- From menu, Click Extras->Configuration
- Click Export Mode to disable it(yellow).
- On General Tab, Click Security.
- On right side Uncheck all on Product protection section.
For Windows 7
- Go to the Avira program installation folder e.g. c:/Program Files (x86)/Avira/Antivir Desktop
- Right click avnotify.exe and select Properties.
- Under the Security tab, select SYSTEM and click edit.
- Tick Read & Execute in the Deny column, and click OK.
After this you can revert back on Product protection. Check all on Product protection section.
Enjoy the nag free Avira Free Antivirus or buy the Premium version if you wish to.
Remove Avira Free Antivirus Pop-up Ads